* Visit to PINNAWELA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE * City tour of Kandy including visits to the Temple of the Tooth Relic, Market Square and Upper Lake Drive. * Visit Sri Bhaktha Hanuman Temple and Ramboda Falls. * Visit Sita Amman Temple and Hakgala Botanical Garden * City Tour Of Colombo.
* Visit to PINNAWELA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE
* City tour of Kandy including visits to the Temple of the Tooth Relic, Market Square and Upper Lake Drive.
* Visit Sri Bhaktha Hanuman Temple and Ramboda Falls.
* Visit Sita Amman Temple and Hakgala Botanical Garden
* City Tour Of Colombo.
“Ayubowan” On arrival at the recently refurbished Modern and State of the art International Airport, you will be blessed to get your first taste of warm Sri Lankan hospitality; Representative from Mytraveldeck will welcome you at the Airport & transfer clients to Nuwara Eliya via Kandy……
(Approximately 3 hrs journey (110 km) from Airport to Kandy)
On the way visit PINNAWELA ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE - Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage – set amongst the verdant hills of Kegalle is a unique orphanage, where the tiny tots weigh 60 kg or more. This is the Pinnewela Elephant Orphanage, the world's first and only elephant orphanage established to feed, nurse and house young elephants lost or abandoned by their mothers. Other occupants are elephants displaced from their natural environs by development projects or those found wounded. Visitors could see the baby elephants being fed milk from gigantic feeding bottles or bathed in the river which flows nearby – an unforgettable sight! Established in 1975, by the Wildlife Department and National Zoological gardens which subsequently led to a breeding programme through which more than twenty five elephants have been born since 1984.
Proceed to Kandy
Overnight stay at Kandy
Breakfast at the hotel
City tour of Kandy including visits to the Temple of the Tooth Relic, Market Square and Upper Lake Drive DALADA MALIGAWA or the Temple of the sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy is the most venerated place of worship for Buddhists througho ut the world. Built in the 16th century this temple houses the sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha brought to Sri Lanka from the Kalinga province in ancient India in the 4th century AD. Several buildings have been added to the temple complex by successive rulers, the latest being the Golden Canopy over the inner shrine where the Tooth Relic is placed. Originally the Temple was within the King's palace complex as it was the symbol of Royal Authority.
After proceed to Nuwara Eliya
(Approximately 2 hrs journey (80 km) from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya)
On the way stop at Ramboda and visit Sri Bhaktha Hanuman Temple and Ramboda Falls
Ramboda the Ramboda area is believed to be an area where Rama’s forces were gathered against Ravana. RamPadai means Rama’s Force. The hills of Ramboda are also believed where Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi. The Chinmaya mission of Sri Lanka has built an Anjaneyar temple with Hanuman as the presiding deity. This temple is called Sri Baktha Hanuman temple and the image of lord Hanuman here is 16 Feet tall. The service time at the Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple is between 7:00 am to 12:00 noon and again 3:30 to 6:30 p.m
Also visit Ramboda Falls
Evening proceed to Nuwara Eliya
Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya
Breakfast at the hotel
Proceed to visit Sita Amman Temple and Hakgala Botanical Garden
Seetha Amman temple, Seetha Eliya- The stream that runs from the hill, catered to the needs of Sitadevi during her stay at Ashoka Vatika. She is said to have bathed in this stream. Now there is temple for Lord Rama, Sitadevi, Luxshmana, and Hanuman by the side of this stream. It is interesting to note that foot prints akin to Lord Hanuman’s are found by this river and some are of small size and some are of large size, which tells us of the immense powers of hanuman transforming himself into any size
Next “door” to the temple is Hakgala Botanical Garden which had been one of the pleasure gardens of King Ravana where Sita met Hanuman, who was sent by her husband Lord Rama to look for her.
Evening visit around Gregory lake.Gregory Lake was build under the period of British Governor Sir William Gregory in 1873. This is the most prominent attraction in Nuwara Eliya and all the vistors used to come here and spent some time by the lake and relax. This was used as a place for water sports and for re-recreational activities during the British time.
Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed to Colombo
(Approximately 5 hrs journey (170 km) from Nuwara Eliya to Colombo)
Evening visit Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple
This is the first Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka and also the only Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka. Its the only temple in the world to have a chariot for Ajanyear. The chariot festival is held annually end Dec/ beginning of January.
Overnight stay at Colombo
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave for city tour at Colombo
Colombo was probably known to Roman, Arab, and Chinese traders more than 2,000 years ago. Muslims settled there in the 8th century and controlled much of the trade between Sinhalese kingdoms and the outside world. The Portuguese arrived in the 16th century and built a fort to protect their spice trade. The Dutch captured the city in the 17th century. The British made the city the capital of their crown colony of Ceylon in 1802
Sightseeing highlights include the
Colombo National and Dutch period museums, old and new parliament houses, Gangarama Buddhist Temple, Town Hall, and the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall. Apart from excellent shopping, Colombo offers visits to one of the world’s leading tea auctions, an 18 hole Golf Course, seasonal Buddhist and Hindu pageants, international cricket tournaments, plush casinos, enjoyable evening entertainment and excellent restaurants. State-of-the-Art communications and Cyber services are available in the hotels and other outlets.
After the city tour clients proceed to the Colombo International Airport from where you can board the flight for your onward destination
Prices are per person on double / twin sharing .
Additional discounts given if more than 10 pax .
Travel Insurance & Visa Assistance on Request .
Optional Tours & Customisation can be arranged on Request.
These prices are low season cost . For High Season & Blackout Dates Cost may vary .
Hotel Used - 3 Star
· Accommodation in shared TWIN / DBL rooms with private bathrooms
· Meals are as stated in the program inclusive of Bed and Breakfast (BB) (Breakfast at the hotel)
· Transfers and tours in air-conditioned vehicles
· Services of English speaking chauffeur guide
· Meeting and Greeting at Airport
· Free visit to Gem museum and Gem shops
· Discount vouchers from ODEL and Cotton Collection
· Mineral water bottles available on the vehicles
· Complimentary Colombo city tour.
· Complimentary sim card on arrival
· International airfare to / from Sri Lanka (quoted separately, if requested)
· Entrance Fees
· Lunch and Dinner
· Optional tours
· Personal travel insurance
· Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
· Meals and services other than mentioned in the program
· Drinks with meals
· Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges which will be advised at the time of booking
· Electronic Travel Authorization fee for Visas upon arrival (Please note that an ETA is compulsory for nationalities besides nationals from the Republics of Singapore and Maldives)
· Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program
Above prices are for per Person on twin sharing basis and subject to availability. Customizable itineraries where you may choose transport, stay & sightseeing as per your taste & comfort
50% of the full payments to be paid as advance upon confirmation. Balance 50% to be paid before 15 days of arrival.
No cancellation is allowed after 50% advance payment and no monies will be refunded under any circumstances.
Program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on arrival / departure flight time / weather and local tour arrangements
Compulsory Gala Dinner and Peak Season surcharge may apply during the peak season, public holidays etc
78-A, 1st Floor, Friends Colony East New Delhi - 110065 (India)
+91 99100 35452 (Sale)
+91 99100 37291 (Enquiry)
+91 11 2693 6880 (Support)